Looking for a few tips to revitalize your personal energy after the tax season is over and get ready for the summer? Some of these small business consulting tips are so easy and simple you might think they won’t do anything for you. As you read, check to see which ones have slipped from your current daily routine.
5 Tips to Restore Your Personal Energy
- Drink a lot of water. A lot of the low energy we have these days is because we are not fully hydrated. Keep a glass of water on your desk at all times and drink up.
- Listen to your favorite music in the morning instead of the news. If you watch the news in the morning, you might hear about murders, falling stock prices and scandals. Try listening to some relaxing music instead. Do this while you are getting ready as well as during your morning commute.
- Get a massage on a regular basis. A massage will move around the stress that is stuck in your body, freeing up your energy. You can also exercise vigorously to keep your energy moving.
- Eat healthy foods. Keep a mental note of how you feel after you’ve eaten particular foods. You’ll be able to see what foods affect your energy levels. Some recommended healthy foods are: salmon/spinach salad, egg whites, whole grain oatmeal with berries, and green tea.
- Stay as relaxed as possible. The stress hormone cortisol can give us energy, but if we rely solely on it, we end up damaging our bodies. An instant relaxation tip is to breathe deeply three times. This completely changes your physiology in the blink of an eye.
5 (More tips) to Keep the Energy Alive
- Meditate. Sit still, close your eyes and go inside your mind. Let your thoughts pass by, and focus only on your breathing, an object or a chant such as “I am present.” A few minutes of meditation has been shown to be more refreshing than a nap. The benefits are increased focus, better memory, a quieter mind and contentedness.
- Stay positive. If you can increase your positive emotions and reduce your negative ones, then you are ahead of the game. Negative emotions sap your energy, and positive emotions refuel your energy.
- Clear your clutter. If you feel drained every time you walk by the dining room table stacked with unfinished project, then make a change. If you have five or 10 projects like that, you will soon feel like a zombie. Commit to wrapping them up or put them away so you don’t see them every day.
- Reassess your to-do list. Do you really need to do everything on your to-do list? For example, do you really need to go to the store for that one item or can you hold off another day? Do you really need another pair of shoes? Do you really need to spend an hour listening to your friend’s breakup woes again? Take a look at how you spend your time? You may find oodles of freed-up time, which will free up your energy as well.
- Sleep well. A key to great health and energy is to get a good night’s sleep every night.
Call Williams & Kunkel CPA today in Flower Mound at 972-446-1040 to have a chat and find out how you can grow your business.