One of the most important considerations in the life of a business is how to gracefully exit the business and smoothly transition it to a family member or colleague. We understand the the importance of leaving a proud legacy when you are ready to step away from a business in which you have invested a huge part of your life.
Over the years, Williams & Kunkel, CPAs, LLP has assisted many business owners with a succession plan. You can trust our experienced team and professional alliances to guide you through the Succession Planning process and address every important issue to make the most prudent decision.
What is keeping you from making a foolproof Succession plan?
- Do you have an exit strategy for your business?
- Do you think retirement and/or mortality are difficult topics to think about?
- Are you afraid succession planning may lead to uncomfortable family conflicts?
- Are your business goals often confused with your personal goals?
- Does long-term planning feel like giving up control?
- Do you have a lack of confidence in potential new leaders?
- How attractive is your business?
- What should you do to prepare the business?
- What will potential buyers look at and value in your business?
- What should you do to improve the value of your business?
We can help you answer these questions!
Together, we will develop a dynamite succession plan. It is best to start planning for the sale of your business a couple of years in advance. Depending on the state of your business, it may take a year or more to maximize business value before it’s ready to sell.