Some hair salon owners worked with their CPA to create an effective low-cost marketing campaign which targeted lapsed and new customers to increase sales. The campaign was traditional but still very effective, another example of how small business CPA advice really can improve growth.
About The Client
They run a small hair salon in New York. After years of running the business, they decided it was time to move to larger premises with more passing foot traffic. However, they also knew they had to grow their existing strong and loyal client base.
To achieve their goal, they completed a project with the following objectives:
- Analyze the business’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Use the analysis to identify traditional low cost small business marketing ideas
- Use the marketing campaign to re-connect with lapsed customers, gain new customers
- Revitalize sales
Their approach was successful and helped them get closer to their goals.
The CPA reviewed the business operations. Based on the outcome of a SWOT analysis, she recommended the following:
- Review their contact database and identify customers who hadn’t visited the salon for over six months.
- Create an email campaign offering these customers an incentive (a free hair treatment) to make an appointment.
- Publish a Facebook promotion offering this incentive to new customers.
Benefits for Client
As a result from the email campaign, numerous lapsed customers made new appointments. Also, a number of new customers were acquired. This campaign also created an opportunity to introduce these lapsed customers to a new senior hairdresser on the team.
If you need someone to hold your business accountable for the success it deserves, call Williams & Kunkel CPA today in Flower Mound at 972-446-1040 to have a chat.
In addition, you can connect with us to receive updates throughout the business week by following us on Twitter or LinkedIn or liking us on Facebook.